Episode 006 of Get Naked LIVE™ features Angela Roulette, Poet and Radio Host. This episode is filled with poetry snaps and slow claps. Seriously, Angela peels back every emotional layer while sharing her story of releasing the pain of the past and taking her life back from circumstances that threatened to kill her.
Some of the episode’s defining moments include:
- How her self esteem suffered as a result of not being wanted by her father
- How she overcame the guilt and shame of her father’s suicide
- Her PTSD and anxiety diagnosis having grown up in a community that “doesn’t do mental illness”.
- How she went from one dysfunctional relationship to the next in search of unconditional love
- How she sabotaged the one great relationship she had because she was broken
- How therapy and faith CAN co-exist
- Her life before and after therapy
- How she chooses peace over everything, even if that means letting some people go
This episode is jammed packed with realness and rawness
Angela wastes absolutely no time spitting her truth about releasing the pain, heartache and trauma of past experiences. She gets naked about her estranged relationship with her mother and father, overcoming guilt and shame and how poetry saved her life.
Born and raised in Kansas City, MO, poet Mz Angela Roux has always been a fan of language. She describes her poetry as “edu-tainment”, combining witty perspectives on modern day womanhood with social commentary and personal testimony. She is the creator and producer of Estrogen Rush, an all-female poetry show, which debuted in November 2012. In November 2015, she released and debuted her first poetry book “The Sinbad Sessions: Poems by Mz Angela Roux” published by Spartan Press. Currently she is the host of Roux On The Radio, airing third Saturdays at noon on KUAW 98.5FM and the TuneIn App.
You can find Angela in the following online spaces:
Facebook: : www.facebook.com/mzangelaroux
Angela’s MOST Quotable Moment:
“ I love my mom from a very realistic place. I had to ‘bury’ the mother I wanted; and learn to love the mother I have. The moment I let go of the idea of what I wanted my mother to be, was the moment I started to get more peace.”
If you enjoyed this episode of Get Naked LIVE, tell a friend to tell a friend.
…and if you have a story to share and would like to be a guest on the show, Click HERE to make it happen.
SUBSCRIBE. RATE. REVIEW
If this episode has you ready to shine a light on your truth and stand in it, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to do so, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Other Ways to subscribe to Get Naked LIVE Podcast:
- Click here to subscribe via Google Play
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via Tunein
- Click here to subscribe via e-mail
Want to join the conversation? Friend me on Facebook OR hop on over to the Get Naked LIVE Facebook Page and share your thoughts in the comments any episode that suits your fancy.
Check out what’s coming down the pipeline…
Get Naked LIVE Weekly panel discussions, Get Naked Bath, Body and Mind™ , Shades of STRONG™ multi-media campaign and docu-series COMING SOON. Like the Facebook Page to stay in the loop.